- What is LeanGard?
- LeanGard is a combination of plant extracts for weight management based on studies and the Ayurvedic medicinal tradition
- LeanGard is composed of award winning patented ingredients: ForsLean®, GarCitrin® and BioPerine®
- What is the source of the extracts?
- Forskohlin in ForsLean is obtained from Coleus forskohlii
- GarCitrin is (‐) hydroxycitric acid (HCA) and garcinol from Garcinina cambogia
- BioPerine is an extract from the fruits of black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- How does LeanGard lower weight?
- LeanGard supports weight management through functional activities of ForsLean and Garcitrin
- Forskohlin stimulates lipolysis: Forskohlin is a stimulator of the membrane‐bound enzyme, adenylyl cyclase. Adenylyl cyclase catalyzes the synthesis of the second messenger molecule, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), which activates cAMP ‐ activated protein kinase (PKA). PKA triggers hormone sensitive lipase (HSL). Hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) has found in adiposites and in all cell types. HSL catalyses lipolysis, which ultimately results in weight loss *
- (-‐) HCA suppresses lipogenesis and appetite and stimulates the metabolic rate of fat burning. ATP citrate lyase catalyzes the synthesis of acetyl coenzyme A, a major precursor of fatty acids and malonyl coenzyme A. (‐) HCA competes with citrate for the enzymatic activity of ATP citrate lyase, which leads to the inhibition of lipogenesis *
- BioPerine improves the efficacy of these two ingredients enhancing their bioavailability
- What is the source of the extract?
- Forskohlin is a stimulator of the membrane-bound enzyme, adenylyl cyclase. Adenylyl cyclase catalyzes the synthesis of the second messenger molecule, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), which activates cAMP activated protein kinase (PKA). PKA triggers hormone sensitive lipase (HSL)
- Hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) is found in adipocytes and in all cell types
- HSL catalyses lipolysis, which ultimately results in weight loss *
- Are clinical studies available on LeanGard as a weight loss aid?
- Yes, clinical studies have been executed in LeanGard constituents
- Forskohlin clinical studies have been conducted in India, Japan and US. For clinical studies, visit www.forslean.com
- GarCitrin clinical studies are available at www.garcitrin.com/clinical/
- Clinical studies on BioPerine are available at www.bioperine.com
- Are there any side effects?
No serious side effects nor adverse side effects have been reported
- Are there any contradictions that should be considered?
- People who are taking anti‐asthmatic and antihypertensive medicine should consult their health care provider
- Take into consideration the amount of fiber you are taking. It has been shown that fiber might diminish the biological activity of (‐)HCA
- Are the plants sustainably harvested?
Yes, the ingredients are extracted from sustainably‐grown plants
- Are the plants GMO?
No, the plants are not genetically‐modified
- Is LeanGard an ODI (Old Dietary Ingredient)?
- Yes, LeanGard is an Old Dietary Ingredient.
- LeanGard can therefore be marketed immediately, without the need for pre-market NDI notification
- What is the suggested daily dose?
The suggested dose is 500 mg per dose‐twice daily in form of capsules, tablets and powdered diet mixes
- Is LeanGard manufactured in a cGMP facility?
They re FDA-inspected and passed
- Is LeanGard patented?
- Are these ingredients available individually?
- Where can I find more information on LeanGard?
For more information visit www.leangard.com