- What is ForsLean?
- One of globally patented weight management products
- A clinically-examined natural aid for weight management
- NutraCon’s Best New Product of 2001 and the first of our products that received the Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award
- A standardized powdered extract from the roots of the Coleus forskohlii plant
- What is the active ingredient?
The active compound is forskolin
- What is the content of ForsLean?
We supplies standardized extracts of Coleus forskohlii in concentrations of 10%, 20%, 40% and 95% forskohlin
- How does ForsLean lower weight?
- Forskohlin is a stimulator of the membrane-bound enzyme, adenylyl cyclase. Adenylyl cyclase catalyzes the synthesis of the second messenger molecule, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), which activates cAMP activated protein kinase (PKA). PKA triggers hormone sensitive lipase (HSL)
- Hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) is found in adipocytes and in all cell types
- HSL catalyses lipolysis, which ultimately results in weight loss *
- Are there any side effects?
No serious side effects nor adverse side effects have been reported
- Are there any contradictions that should be considered?
- Gastric ulcer and hypotensive patients
- People who are taking anti-asthmatic and anti‐hypertensive medicine should consult their health care provider
- Is the plant sustainably harvested?
Yes, forskohlin is extracted from sustainably-grown Coleus forskohlii
- Is ForsLean GMO?
No, ForsLean is not a genetically-modified organism
- What about Allergen-free, Kosher and Halal certifications?
Our ingredients are Kosher and Halal certified as well as Allergen-free
- Is ForsLean an ODI (Old Dietary Ingredient)?
- Yes, ForsLean is an Old Dietary Ingredient
- ForsLean can therefore be marketed immediately, without the need for pre-market NDI notification
- What is the suggested daily dose?
The suggested dose is 25 mg of forskholin half hour to 1 hour prior to meals twice daily
- What are potential nutraceutical applications of ForsLean?
- Weight management
- Sports nutrition
- Circulation support
- Is ForsLean patented?
- Yes, we hold a patent (US patent #5804596) for “ Method of preparing forskohlin composition from forskohlin extract and use of forskohlin for promoting lean body mass and treating mood disorders”
- Please see,Patent
- ForsLean is also patented in Canada (CA 2281562), Europe (EP 0977564), Singapore (SG 121197) and Japan
- Where can I find more information on ForsLean?
For more information visit www.forslean.com