- What is Curcumin C3 Complex?
- Curcumin C3 Complex is an extract derived from the rhizomes (roots) of the plant Curcuma longa, also known as turmeric
- Curcumin C3 Complex is the foremost clinically-studied natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant with a variety of health benefits
- Curcumin C3 Complex is the gold standard for turmeric extracts
- Turmeric is one of the ancient ingredients in Ayurvedic medicine to address numerous medical conditions. Turmeric has also been used for centuries as a spice and dye
- Curcumin C3 Complex is self-affirmed GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe)
- Is Curcumin C3 Complex curcumin?
- Curcumin C3 Complex is a mixture of curcuminoids, not just curcumin
- Curcumin C3 Complex is curcumin plus demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin
- How pure is Curcumin C3 Complex?
- Curcumin C3 Complex contains minimum 95% curcuminoids
- Our manufacturing facility is ISO-certified to ensure that it is free from impurities and contaminants
- What is the ratio of curcuminoids in Curcumin C3 Complex?
- The ratio of curcuminoids is detected by HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)
- Curcumin is not less than 70% and not more than 80% w/w
- Demethoxycurcumin is not less than 15% and not more than 25% w/w
- Bisedemethoxycurcumin is not less than 2.5% and not more than 6.5% w/w
- What are the advantages of Curcumin C3 Complex versus curcumin?
- Curcumin C3 Complex contains curcumin and the other two curcuminoids
- These two compounds stabilize curcumin
- Studies of turmeric derivatives noted that the other two compounds are more efficient to protect from oxidative stress than curcumin alone
- Curcumin C3 Complex is more soluble because of bisdemethoxycurcumin. Therefore, Curcumin C3 Complex is more absorbable in the gastrointestinal tract and provides more health benefits than curcumin alone
- What are the health benefits of Curcumin C3 Complex?
Intense clinical studies have shown health supporting potentials of curcuminoids:
- Prevents tissue damage from free radicals (antioxidant)
- Boosts immunity
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels
- Blocks platelet aggregation
- Protects liver from toxic compounds
- Stimulates macrophages to clear the central nervous system from Alzheimer’s disease associated toxic oligomer
- Specifically inhibited virus replication in tested viruses
Some of these health-supporting capacities are patented. The patents are available at http://www.curcuminoids.com/index.php/patent
As a result of clinical trials, Curcumin C3 Complex is claimed by MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas and UCLA as an ingredient of choice for cancer and Alzheimer’s disease treatment, respectively
- Are pre-clinical and clinical studies available?
Yes, numerous pre-clinical and clinical trials have been conducted in universities and research institutes, globally.
Completed studies on:
- Alzheimer’s Disease (School of Medicine, UCLA)
- Colon cancer (Department of Oncology, U of Leicester, and M.D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX)
- Lichen planus (Department of Orofacial Sciences, UCSF)
- Pancreatic cancer (M.D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX)
- Prostate cancer (Clinical Biochemistry, Ludwig-Maximillians-‐University, Munich, Germany)
- Psoriasis vulgaris (School of Medicine, U of Pennsylvania, PA)
- Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)(Saint Vincent’s Cancer Center, New York, NY; Medical Center, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA; Dept of Endocrinology, St George Hospital, Sydney, Australia)
- Is the plant sustainably harvested?
Yes, Curcumin C3 Complex is extracted from sustainably-grown Curcuma longa
- Is the plant, Curcumin C3 Complex, extracted a genetically-modified organism (GMO)?
No, the plant is not genetically modified. Therefore, Curcumin C3 Complex is not GMO
- Is Curcumin C3 Complex Halal?
Yes, Curcumin C3 Complex is Halal-certified
- Is Curcumin C3 Complex Kosher?
Yes, Curcumin C3 Complex is Kosher-certified
- Is Curcumin C3 Complex allergen-free?
Yes, Curcumin C3 Complex is allergen-free
- Is Curcumin C3 Complex an ODI (Old Dietary Ingredient)?
Yes, Curcumin C3 Complex is an Old Dietary Ingredient
- Is Curcumin C3 Complex manufactured in a GMP facility?
- Our manufacturing facilities are GMP and located in India
- They are FDA-inspected and passed
- What is the shelf life?
- 5 years
- It should be stored in closed containers at room temperature